Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Self Portrait-Eye

Seeing yourself in someones else eye can be a self portrait of you without getting a clear view of how you look. In the person's eye you can see yourself taking the photograph of their eye which is also taking a photograph of yourself. So I thought of taking a photo of my son's eye because he is a a part of me. Thought would be cool to shoot someone's eye who is blood related to me because it is like you are shooting into your own eye. It is like getting a self portrait of your eye and your body inside the eye to get a feel of a regular self portrait photograph of you facing towards the camera. Did get about one picture that was the best out of all of them but don't think it was the best choice to pick. So then I decided to shoot my younger brother's eye. We look a like of course because of being siblings so thought this would still work for my idea of shooting myself in my own eye. This worked out better than my son because my brother isn't a baby who likes to move all the time. Can view the picture with my son's eye in the gallery. I liked the one with my brother because you can see me in his eye great. Also like how the lens of my camera is right where his pupil is. To me this photo makes me feel like I am looking straight into my own eye. I feel like this is myself taking a photo of my own eye but of course it isn't. I shot this outside with the sun being my light and had the sun on his right side and it was around 5pm or 6pm in the late afternoon. I used manual focus because having it set to auto focus it wasn't taking the photos and I used my Olympus E-420 camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment