Thursday, September 15, 2011

Nothing

Nothing can be of something that has no importance or something that is none existing. Most think of when nothing is said that means absolutely having not anything around like in possession or it can be that someone has nothing like in their personality. Nothing can either be an object or emotion. To photograph something of nothing I decided to shoot at my condo. The bedroom is the room where I decided to shoot for my nothing. I put my Olympus E-420 camera on a tripod at the door entrance of the room and pointed it towards the window that is in there. I had opened up the blinds just a little bit to get some light from the outside to come inside. I did this shoot around the time of 2am early morning or late night. The shutter speed that I used was at thirty seconds and the f-stop was set at 3.5 which is the most open aperture. For editing I only decided to desaturate the photo to make the light coming through the window looking more like a white color than the yellowish color that was originally in the shot. This photo has a very mysterious feel by making you want to know where you are looking in to. Also what is in the image and is there anyone possibly in the photo that might be staring at you. The feel is mysterious and also creepy at the same time because you never know what could be lurking in the darkness of the image. I also like how you can see the window because of the light coming through but like more how the light coming from the window shines to the adjacent wall and makes it look like there are two windows in the room that we are looking into. This photo makes me think about the paranormal activity stuff where I feel like if I were to look at this for long enough something odd would appear in the shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment