Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Newsworthy


                                             "Killer Honeymoon"

Photographers always try to capture the photo that will sell big and have a great story behind the photo. Just like in the movie Roman Holiday where a reporter and his photographer friend go out one day in the city with the royal princess and take pictures of her without her knowing. With some of the photos it shows her doing the activities that people go do like going to the statue that will supposedly cut your hand off if you tell lies. Also there was a photo that they got of her fighting with the police and she bashed one of them in the head with a guitar. The photos that they took they put great captions with them to put if they were to of sold these images to like newspaper or magazines. So I decided to shoot my two dolls, Chucky and Tiffany, from the movie Chucky's Bride. The idea behind this photo is to shoot that she has been abusive to him or even murdered him on their honeymoon. The reason for them being on their honeymoon because she is in a wedding gown with the hair piece. I choose to have Tiffany be the violent one is first, Chucky has cuts and stitches all over his face like he has been beaten up and second, it seems to always be the men who are the bad ones when there are women who are just as bad as men or even worse. The location is inside at the front door at my place and I am using a floor lamp I have that has six separate lights on it. I set it to have only three of the lights shooting down on the dolls. Then in Photoshop I increased the contrast, increased the clarity, and brought down the exposure a little bit. After that I put a gradient with it going white to black starting from her face going far past the image so that Chucky's face can still be seen. I shoot this at late night around probably midnight with my Olympus E-420 camera on a tripod.

No comments:

Post a Comment